If you have been left out of a Will, you may be entitled to make a claim against the Estate. This is called a ‘family provision claim’ and is made under the Succession Act 2006 (NSW).
If you believe you have been left out of a Will contact our experienced team today to discuss the next steps.
Our team have extensive experience in family provision matters. This experience will ensure that you achieve the best possible outcome for your particular circumstances.
The first step is to contact our experienced estates team to discuss whether or not you are eligible to make a claim. Your eligibility to make a claim will depend on your relationship with the deceased.
The following people may be eligible to make a claim:
- a wife or husband of the deceased;
- a person living in a de facto relationship with the deceased at the time of their death; and
- a child of the deceased.
The following people may also have a claim, but it is more difficult to satisfy the Court that there are sufficient factors to make the claim successful:
- a former wife or husband of the deceased;
- a person who was dependent on the deceased at any time;
- a grandchild of the deceased;
- a member of the household of the deceased; and
- a person who was living in a close personal relationship with the deceased at the time of their death.
Office Address: 87 Main Street, Mittagong, NSW 2575
PO BOX: PO Box 150, Mittagong, NSW 2575
Phone: (02) 4872 4004
Fax: (02) 4872 4216
DX: 4964 BOWRAL